Rachel, over at Lusa Organics, has started a weekly list on her blog of seven things that she is thankful for, and she has invited others to play along. What a great idea! Very much along the lines of 1,000 gifts. So here goes:
1. A beautiful hardcover picture book of The Wind in the Willows on the library sale table today for twenty-five cents!
2. Supper tonight, entirely homegrown: hamburger steaks, oven fries, sliced tomatoes and cucumbers, pickles and ketchup.
3. Hugs from my grumpy baby (I think she may be cutting more teeth).
4. My first-ever ride in a pony cart last night.
5. Running into two old friends in town today who I haven't seen in ten years.
6. Loaves of fresh bread lined up to cool on the counter.
7. God's faithfulness...every moment, every day.